Sunday, May 17, 2009

Week 1 - Nutritional Summary

Starting on Tuesday I recorded everything I ate on Nutridiary.com. Below is my calories breakdown for the past week. As noted except for Friday (my cheat day), my calories intake for the week has been under 2000calories. As shown below the average for the week is broken down in as Fats:38% Carbs:28% Protein:31% Alcohol:3%


As I reviewed the Data I see that I have too many calories coming from fats and not enough coming from proteins. From there I wanted to look at my daily calorie breakdown.


May 12th:
-This day shows two items of high fat.
  1. The first was the (diet-busting) hotdog I ate to tie me over until a late supper.
  2. Peanuts, which are high in fat






May 13th:
-This day was an overall low calorie day with the exception of bacon at breakfast.











May 14th:
-This was another very high fat day with 47% of calories coming from fat.
-The high contenders being:
  1. sausage muffin
  2. peanuts for snacks
  3. peanut butter crackers for a snack after volleyball.
  4. baked french fries



May 15th:
-This was my so called "cheated day." This day I had a beer, a mixed tropical drink, and two servings of sweet potato fries at different times during the day. This was the one time I went over 2000 calories. Pictures speak louder than words.






May 16th:
-This is one whopped of a fat day with 53% of calories coming from fats. The two main problems are:
  1. the t-bone steak
  2. peanuts for snacks






All in all I am shocked on how many calories come from fat! My substitution of peanuts for other nuts has been a bad one. Therefore I have looked at the nutritiondata.com website for a nut alternative. Unfortunately I cannot find a low-cal, low-fat, high protein nut. Noteables include:
  • Nuts, pistachio nuts, dry roasted, with salt added (1cup) = 727cal, 59g fat, 27g protein
  • Nuts, almonds, blanched (1cup) = 842cal, 73g fat, 32g protein
  • Soybeans, mature seeds, roasted, no salt added (1cup) = 810cal, 43g fat, 60g protein
This week I will try to substitute soynuts for peanuts, and use low-fat mayo instead of regular mayo. When I get hungry I'm going to make a protein shake instead of making fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment